1) Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the aubergine and peppers for 5 mins or until softened, remove from the pan and set aside.
3) Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry in the remaining oil for a few mins until golden, then mix with the aubergine and peppers.
4) Blitz the tomatoes in a food processor and mix with the vegetables.
5) Put half of the vegetable mixture into a 20 x 30cm baking dish.
6) Drain any excess water from the spinach and spread half over the vegetables.
8) Top with a layer of pasta and repeat.
9) Top with the ricotta and sprinkle with the cheese
10) Bake for 20 mins until browned.