What data do we collect?
Check Your Food Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, date of birth, gender etc.). This data is collected when you register for membership
- IP address and site interaction - this data is automatically collected.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Check Your Food Ltd with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Register for a ‘free for life’ or ‘premium’ user account on CheckYourFood.com.
How will we use your data?
Check Your Food Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Analyse site usage to improve our offerings.
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Enable CheckYourFood.com to display nutritional information to you that is personalised.
- Notify you according to the preferences you set when becoming a member CheckYourFood.com.
How do we store your data?
Check Your Food Ltd securely stores your data online on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Check Your Food Ltd will keep your personal identification information for the period of your membership and a period of time in which we feel that use of your data is beneficial to you, subject to any request from you not to do so. Once this time period has expired (not less than 2 years), we will delete your data by removing your information from our database and any email management software.
Check Your Food Ltd would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive information and marketing, you may always opt out at a later date either via email or by unchecking options in your members profile area.
You have the right at any time to stop Check Your Food Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Check Your Food Ltd Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
Check Your Food Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access You have the right to request Check Your Food Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification You have the right to request that Check Your Food Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Check Your Food Ltd to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure You have the right to request that Check Your Food Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing You have the right to request that Check Your Food Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing You have the right to object to Check Your Food Ltd processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability You have the right to request that Check Your Food Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: CheckYourFood Ltd, 21 Regency Square, Brighton BN1 2FH
What are Cookies
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Profiling your interests based on the pages you view
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality; Check Your Food Ltd uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytical/performance cookies; Check Your Food Ltd uses these cookies to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Advertising; Check Your Food Ltd uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Check Your Food Ltd sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org/ tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: CheckYourFood Ltd, 21 Regency Square, Brighton BN1 2FH
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Check Your Food Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office @ ico.org.uk/