Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and add the sliced prosciutto. Fry until opaque and crispy and then remove from the pan and keep to one side.
2) Melt the butter with a little oil in the same pan and add the mushrooms. Fry for 3-4 minutes’
3) Add the leeks, garlic and chives. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every so often, and adding a little more oil if needed. The leeks should have softened but still be nicely bright green.
4) Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente, add a ladle of the cooking water to the leeks.
5) Drain the pasta, toss in olive oil and tip into the pan with the leeks.
6) Add the prosciutto and grated Parmesan and toss everything together well over the heat for a minute or so.
7) Serve scattered with a little more Parmesan and some chopped parsley or chives.
This recipe comes to us courtesy of British Leeks