Ingredients Click to find out more about the ingredients
100g caster sugar, plus extra for coating
300ml coconut milk
50g desiccated coconut
200g/10 egg yolks
6ml/1 tsp vanilla extract
30g/2 tbsp soft unsalted butter
1) Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2) Grease 4 ramekins, liberally with the soft butter. Sprinkle with the caster sugar to coat. 3) In a medium bowl, press the egg yolks through a wire sieve and mix with the coconut milk, sugar, coconut and vanilla.
4) Pour into ramekins and place in a large roasting tin in the oven. 5) Pour water into the roasting tin to three-quarters up the ramekins so it acts like a water bath for the quindim.
6) Bake for 30-35 mins until the tops are golden.
7) Take the ramekins out of the water and leave to cool for 5 mins. 8) Chill for 4 hrs and then run a knife around the edge. Place a plate on top and turn out the quindims to serve.