Japanese style fried burdock root
Soya, Sesame seeds, Gluten
What are the health benefits of Japanese style fried burdock root ?
An original side dish that brings a touch of iron, copper, vitamin B6, manganese, magnesium and fibre
200g/2 burdock roots
6g/1 tbsp honey
15ml/1 tbsp mirin
30ml/2 tbsp. olive oil
2 red chillies very finely chopped
12ml/2 tsp cooking sake
12g/2 tsp ground sesame seeds
15ml/1 tbsp soy sauce
3tbsp white flour
1) Peel and chop the burdock roots into batons, and soak in water for 5 - 10 minutes.
2) Drain the excess water, and lightly coat with flour.
3) Heat the oil in a frying pan and shallow-fry.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients to another pan and simmer.
5) Add the burdock roots to the pan and mix with the sauce.