1) Preheat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7
2) Break off the ends of the asparagus and drop into a pan of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 4-7 minutes until soft.
3) Drain into a colander and refresh under the cold tap.
4) Put the pastry onto a large baking tray, then use the tip of a knife to score a line all the way around, about 1 -2cm from the edge. Don't cut all the way through; it's just to form a rim for the tart. Prick the centre with a fork.
5) Cook in the oven for 5 minutes until it starts to rise and brown.
6) Remove the pastry from the oven and flatten the centre inside the border to make a well.
7) Turn the oven down to 200°C, Gas 6
8) Mix together the garlic, cream, egg, lemon zest and the cheese. Season to taste.
9) Carefully pour the cream mixture into the pastry case.
10) Add the asparagus to the tart, slice in half length ways if they are too thick. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
11) Bake for 20 - 25 minutes..Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little more oil and leave to cool slightly before eating.