500g/8 chicken drumsticks
300g long grain rice
150g/1 ripe mango, peeled, stoned and cut into bite-sized chunks
9g/1½ tsp ground allspice
15g/small handful coriander, stalks roughly chopped and leaves picked
20g thumb-sized piece ginger, chopped
30ml/2 tbsp sunflower oil
18g/3 garlic cloves
30g/small bunch spring onions, chopped
200g mango chutney, plus extra to serve (optional)
500ml chicken stock
5g/1 tbsp thyme leaf
Zest of 1 lime
2 limes - 1 juiced, 1 cut in wedges to serve
Salt and pepper to taste
400g tin red kidney beans, drained
1) Make a marinade for the chicken by blitzing the allspice, coriander stalks, garlic, ginger, lime juice and zest, oil, spring onions and thyme in a food processor. Add a little water if it is too dry.
2) Rub the chicken drumsticks with the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
3) Preheat the oven to 180C gas 4.
4) Mix the mango pieces with the rice and kidney beans, and cover the bottom of a roasting try with the mixture.
5) Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and pour the stock into the bowl and mix well. Pour over the rice and mangos.
6) Place the chicken drumsticks on top of the rice then cover tightly with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
7) Take the tray out of the oven and turn the oven up to 220C gas 7.
8) Remove the foil and spread the mango chutney over the chicken pieces, then bake for a further 35 -40 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and the chicken skin is golden and crispy.
9) Serve with the coriander leaves sprinkled on top and lime wedges on the side.