1) Pre heat the oven to 160c.
2) Put the yoghurt, olive oil, milk, agave syrup and lemon juice into a jug, whisk well and set aside
3) Put the flour, polenta, ground almonds, baking powder and lemon zest into a bowl and stir until combined.
4) Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients slowly, whisking until combined
5) Grease a 22cm spring form cake tin with vegan spread and pour the cake mixture in.
6) Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
7) Meanwhile make the lemon curd, see recipe link above.
8) Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then using a cocktail stick poke holes into the top of the cake.
9) Mix the syrup ingredients together in a jug.
10) Pour the syrup evenly over the cake. You may need to do this in stages, allowing the syrup to sink into the cake before adding the next bit, until it’s all used up.
11) Serve with vegan lemon curd spread over the
’t skip this, it takes the cake from nice to amazing!