Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Put the lentils, onions and stock cube in to a saucepan
2) Cover with water to 1/2cm over the top of the lentils.
3) Bring to a simmer for 15- 20 minutes leaving the lentils with some bite. Drain reserving the liquor.
4) Mix the lentils, with the grated carrot, cabbage, flour and cornflour. Season with salt and black pepper
5) Add enough of the lentil water to allow the mixture to be formed into 4 burgers.
6) Pour 1/2cm of oil into a a large frying pan over a medium high heat.
7) Put the burgers gently into the pan.
8) Shallow fry for 3 - 5 minutes on each side or until golden & crisp.
9) Serve with chips & salad as desired.