Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat half the butter in a large frying pan and add the garlic and fennel slices, fry until lightly browned.
2) Add the monkfish and cook for 6 minutes turning once.
3) Add the fish stock and bring to a simmer, cook for 4 minutes.
4) Remove the fish and place it on a covered plate and keep warm.
5) Add the remaining butter to the pan with the lemon juice, wild garlic and wild fennel herb. Bring to a boil and reduce to a rich sauce. Season well.
6) Slice each monkfish piece and serve with the sauce spooned over.