1) Prepare the dough according to the recipe.
2) While it is resting make the filling.
3) Melt the butter in a pan and add the veal and pork, brown for about ten minutes..
4) Once ready, let it cool, and transfer the meat to a blender together with the ham and mortadella and blend until a fine mixture is obtained.
5) Add the Parmigiano and pepper to taste.
6) Add the egg and blend until you have a smooth mixture.
7) Taste and add salt if necessary.
8) Now that the filling is ready,
9) Roll out the pasta with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to a thin sheet, trying to keep the dough as moist as possible, using a little flour to sprinkle.
10) The sheet should be about 0.6 mm.
11) With a smooth pastry cutter, cut the sheet into 4cm squares.
12) Lay a couple of grams of cold stuffing in the middle of each pasta square.
13) Lift two corners of the pasta and bring together forming a triangle, press the edges well to make them stick (in case the pasta has slightly dried, lightly brush the edges with a little 'of water).
14) Lay the pasta on its side and press the filling gently to flatten and spread inside the triangle parcel.
15) With the long edge towards you, fold the parcel almost in half lengthways. The tip should be sticking out.
16) Now lay your index finger in the middle of the pasta shape. The long side should be towards you.
17) Wrap the outer edges over your finger and stick together.
18) Remove the tortellini from your finger delicately and place it on a lightly floured cloth; Work quickly to complete the rest in the same way until all of the ingredients are used up. Draft in some help to make it quicker. See the link for a video of how to shape tortellini.
19) Bring the chicken stock to the boil and cook the tortellini rigorously until they rise to the surface.
20) Serve in a little of the broth.
Image from: ricette.giallozafferano.it