1) Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
2) Melt the dripping in a saucepan and cook the leeks carrots and mushrooms until they are soft.
3) Add the mince to the pan and stir to brown all over.
4) Add the tomato puree and flour and cook for a couple of minutes more.
5) Add the stock, bay leaf, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
6) Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook for 25 – 30 minutes.
7) Pour into a baking dish and allow to cool completely.
8) While the filling is cooking, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the parsnips and potatoes, turn down to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked.
9) Meanwhile melt the butter in a small pan and fry the spices for a couple of minutes over a medium heat making sure not to burn the butter.
10) Drain and mash the parsnips and potatoes. Add the spiced butter and season to taste. Set aside.
11) Once the meat mixture has cooled spoon rough mounds of the parsnip mix over the top and leave in spikes or fork over.
12) Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
13) Whilst the pie is baking wilt the spinach in a touch of butter.