Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Slice the steak into thin slices,
2) Mix together the oyster sauce, sherry and cornflour, and marinate the meat in the mixture for about 20 minutes.
3) Slice the mushrooms, cut the broccoli into small florets and cut the bamboo shoots and carrot into slices roughly the same size as the beef. Shred the ginger root and spring onions.
4) Heat half the oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry the beef for about 10-15 seconds, then remove with a slotted spoon.
5) Heat the remaining oil, add the ginger, spring onions and other vegetables.
6) Add the sugar and salt to taste, stir and cook for about 1½ minutes.
7) Add the beef, stir well together and add a little water, if necessary.