Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
2) Oil and line the base of a loaf tin (approx 22 x 10 x 5cm) with baking paper.
3) Steam the asparagus for 3 - 4 mins and set aside.
4) Mix the eggs, milk and oil together.
5) In a large bowl mix the flour, thyme and seasoning Make a well in the middle, add the egg mixture stirring all the time to draw the flour into the centre. Beat for approx 1 min to make a smooth batter.
6) Chop the asparagus and olives into small pieces.
7) Add the asparagus, tomatoes, olives and two thirds of the cheese to the batter and fold in.
8) Pour into the tin, top with the remaining cheese.
9) Bake for 35-40 mins until the cake feels firm to the touch and is golden and crusty on top.
10) Cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out to cool on a wire rack.