1) Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
2) Chop the pears into small pieces and put in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins with the lid on.
3) Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 mins or until the juices have thickened.
4) Spoon into 4 x 150ml ramekins and add a teaspoon of liqueur to each, if using.
5) Sift the icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl, then stir in the almonds.
6) Whisk the egg white until stiff and then fold almond mix.
7) Spoon over the pears and shake the ramekins to level the mixture.
8) Bake for 20-25 mins until the topping is firm to the touch.
9) Serve warm or cold.