Eggs, Eggs, Soya, Sulphur dioxide, Crustaceans, Gluten, Mustard
What are the health benefits of Crab cakes?
These crab cakes are absolutely stuffed with goodness for your heart, brain, thyroid, metabolism and blood.
Crab cakes are an American speciality, more specifically from Maryland.
Unlike their Thai counterparts which are often quite rubbery, these are moist and delicious.
220g fresh crab meat, brown and white
15g/1 tbsp mayonnaise
10g/2 tsp mustard
15ml olive oil
15g/2tbsp parsley chopped finely
Salt and pepper to taste
60g/4 spring onions, finely chopped
85g fine dry breadcrumbs
1) Mix the crab with the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and spring onion, and season. Add enough breadcrumbs to bind nicely.
2) Divide into 4 and pat each quarter into a flat round cake about 2cm thick.
3) Chill, covered, until needed. (at least 30 minutes)
4) Either fry in a little oil until browned on both sides, or brush the grill rack and crab cakes lightly with oil and grill them until well browned on both sides.
5) Serve with lemon wedges and green salad.