36g/3 tbsp capers, drained
3g fresh dill
220g/1 medium bulb of fennel, roughly chopped
24g/4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 large lemon sliced
Zest of half lemon
15ml/extra virgin olive oil
100g/1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 orange sliced
Zest of half large orange
3g fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
3g fresh tarragon
1.2kg/4 whole sea bass, gutted and scaled
1) Thoroughly wash the sea bass inside and out and pat dry.
2) Put the fennel, onion, garlic, capers, herbs, lemon zest, orange zest and most of the oil, reserving a little to drizzle on the fish later, in to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped,
3) Stuff the cavities of the seabass with the stuffing mixture along with a couple of slices of lemon and orange.
4) Using the remaining oil drizzle the outside of the fish all over and season with salt and pepper.
5) Leave the fish for about 45 minutes at room temperature for the flavours to infuse.
6) Cook the sea bass in single-wire fish racks, over medium-hot coals for 15-20 minutes, turn halfway through.
7) Serve straight away