Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Preheat the oven to 210C, Gas 6.
2) Rub salt, black pepper and five-spice all over the skin of the duck.
3) Roast for 1-1¼ hours, or until crisp and golden-brown.
4) Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
5) Shred all of the duck from the bones using two forks.
6) Meanwhile, make the plum sauce, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for 1-2 minutes, or until softened.
7) Add the peppercorns and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
8) Add the plums, vinegar and sugar and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes or so until you have a nice shiny pulp.
9) Leave to cool then puree in a food processor and strain to obtain a nice smooth sauce. Season to taste.
10) For the pancakes, put the the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt and make a well in the centre.
11) Pour in the boiling water and stir to form a dough.
12) Tip the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 2-3 minutes, or until it is smooth.
13) Cut the dough into 16 pieces and roll each piece into a thin pancake.
14) Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan until hot and fry each pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pale golden-brown.
15) Use a piece of tin foil twice the size of the pancakes to keep them warm while you make the others.
16) Serve the shredded duck the with the sauce, pancakes, cucumber and spring onions.