Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Blend the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli in a food processor or chop finely.
2) Cut each chicken thigh into 4 pieces.
3) Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, until all the meat has been added.
4) Cook over a high heat until evenly browned.
5) Lift the chicken pieces out of the pan with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
6) Add the butter to a saucepan and when it has melted, add the onion paste. Cook over a more moderate heat until it is just beginning to colour.
7) Stir in the crushed seeds, cardamom seeds and pods and ground spices. Cook for 1 minute,
8) Add the stock, sugar, tomato purée, chicken and salt.
9) Bring to the boil, stirring. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 30minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
11) Stir in the cream and serve garnished with toasted flaked almonds.