Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Dry roast the coriander, cumin, cardamom seeds and cloves in a frying pan over a high heat, shaking the pan to avoid burning.
2) When they start popping put into a mortar, add the chillies, and grind to a powder.
3) In the same frying pan add the oil, fry the shallots and garlic until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the ground spices and fry for a further minute.
5) Pour into a jug, add the remaining ingredients and blend, using a hand-held blender, until you have a smooth paste.