750g/1lb 10oz pak choi
20g/2cm/¾in knob fresh root ginger finely sliced
48g/4 tbsp white miso paste
24g/4 garlic cloves, crushed
125ml/4fl oz shaoxing rice wine
25g/1 shallot, finely chopped
70g/6 tbsp caster sugar
24ml/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
100ml soy sauce
4 x 150g halibut fillets
1) Make a marinade for the fish by mixing together 4tbsp sake, 4tbsp mirin, the miso paste and 3tbsp caster sugar.
2) Put the fish in a dish and cover with the marinade.
3) Cover with cling film and marinate overnight in the fridge.
4) Preheat the grill to high.
5) Place the fish on a baking tray and grill for three minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking
6) Heat a frying pan until hot, add the rice wine, sake, mirin, soy sauce and caster sugar and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture has just thickened.
7) Heat a large frying pan or wok and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shallot, garlic, ginger, the greens and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8) Pour in the sauce and stir.
9) To serve, place the greens on each plate topped with the fish.
10) Add onions and mange tout for more variety.