1) Heat the oil in a large lidded pan. Add the onion and garlic, put on the lid and cook for 5 mins, stirring halfway through.
2) Stir the chilli, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon into the pan and cook for 1 min.
3) Add the peppers, tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil, turn down to a simmer, put on the lid and cook for 20 mins.
4) Blitz the soup with a stick blender, or in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pan and add more liquid to thin the soup, if needed.
5) Stir in the chickpeas, preserved lemons, maple syrup, couscous and seasoning, heat through for 5 mins.
6) Sprinkle with parsley and serve.