Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat half of the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add ½ tsp ginger paste, the turmeric, fenugreek, black cumin and bay leaf and fry, stirring well for 1 minute.
2) Add the rice and fry for 30 seconds more.
3) Add enough water to cover plus 2cm. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook, covered for 10-12 minutes or until cooked to your liking and the water absorbed.
4) Meanwhile, in a frying pan dry fry the coriander seeds, cardamom seeds, cloves, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
5) Using a mortar and pestle, grind the spices to a powder.
6) Add the garlic paste, ginger paste, yoghurt and shallots and grind to a paste.
7) Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the spice paste and cook for 3 minutes.
8) Add the quail halves and stir well to coat.
9) Add 120ml water to the pan, bring to the boil then bring and cook for 10 minutes or until quails are cooked.
10) Wilt the baby spinach in a pan with a little oil then stir into the curry.
11) Add the eggs to the curry and stir well.
12) Serve with the spiced rice.