3g/½ tsp chilli powder
10g/small pack coriander, roughly chopped
6g/1 tsp ground coriander
4g/1 tsp cumin seed
12g/2 garlic cloves, crushed
1kg/1 marrow, peeled and cut into large chunks
6g/2 tsp black mustard seeds
150g/1 large onion, finely sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
30ml/2 tbsp sunflower oil
3g/½ tsp turmeric
1) Cook the marrow in a pan of salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
3) Add the dry spices and cook for a couple of minutes.
4) Add the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
5) Add the marrow and continue to cook over a low heat for another 5 – 7 minutes until the marrow is soft and has dried out.
6) Season to taste and serve topped with the fresh coriander.