Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Cut the pork into around 24 small cubes.
2) Cut the bamboo shoots and green pepper into small pieces of the same size. Then cut the spring onion into 2.5cm lengths.
3) Mix the pork with the salt and brandy and marinate for 15 minutes.
4) Add the beaten egg and the cornflour and blend well.
5) Mix together the tomato puree, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, to make the sauce.
6) Heat the rapeseed oil in a wok or saucepan.
7) Coat each piece of pork with the flour and deep fry for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat, but leave the meat in the oil for a further 2 minutes.
8) Remove the meat with a slotted spoon.
9) Heat the oil again. Refry the meat with the bamboo shoots for 2 minutes until they are golden, then remove and drain.
10) Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1 tbsp in the wok.
11) Add the spring onion and the green pepper, followed by the sweet and sour sauce mixture and stir until it thickens and reduces.
12) Add the pork and bamboo shoots, blend well and serve hot.