Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Cut each tomato into quarters and slice off any hard cores.
2) Peel the onion and carrot and chop them into small pieces. Chop celery roughly the same size.
3) Put the olive oil into a large heavy-based pan and heat it over a low heat. Add the vegetables and cook until they're soft.
4) Add the tomato purée, bay leaves, the tomatoes and mix. Season to taste.
5) Put the lid on the pan and let the tomatoes stew over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Slowly add the stock, bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
7) Leave to cool for a few minutes
8) Remove the bay leaves and blitz the soup in a blender until smooth. You may need to do this in batches.
9) Put the blitzed soup in to a clean saucepan and add the sugar and vinegar and reheat it over a medium heat.
10) Check the seasoning and serve