300g beef mince
400g of chopped tinned tomatoes
2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
2 tbsp of yoghurt for each serving
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cinnamon
100g of button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 inch of ginger, peeled and grated
200g /3-4 carrots. peeled and grated
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
100g of lamb liver blended into a paste
400ml tin kidney beans
2 medium red onions, finely chopped
1. Sauté the mince and stir until browned and set aside.
2. Sauté the onions in the oil for a few minutes until they become translucent but not browned.
3. Add the cayenne pepper, chili powder, cinnamon, cloves, garlic and grated ginger and stir for 1 minute.
4. Re-add the mince, do not include any liquid that came off.
5. Pour in the tinned tomatoes along with the black beans, carrots and mushrooms.
6. Now stir in the blended liver so it mixes smoothly into the sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
9. Serve with rice and a good dollop of the yogurt on top.