Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Preheat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6
2) Mix the butternut squash with the onion, olive oil and sage, season with salt and pepper and put on a greased baking tray.
3) Roast for approx. 30 mins or until the squash is cooked, then leave to cool.
4) Cut each pasty sheet into 3 equal pieces.
5) Once the butternut squash has cooled, put it into a large bowl and carefully mix in the pecans, ricotta and sesame seed oil.
6) Take one-sixth of the butternut squash mixture and put it in the centre of a pastry rectangle. Fold the pastry in half, and use a fork to press down and seal the edges. Try to squeeze out excess air as you do this.
7) Place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Repeat with the others.
8) Brush with the egg and prick each one several times with a fork.
9) Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the pastry is golden and cooked through.
10) Eat hot or cold.