1) In a large stock pot sautee the onion in the rapeseed oil on a low heat until translucent and soft.
2) Add the diced carrot, chopped jalapenos and dried oregano and stir on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add the diced potatoes (approximately 1cm cubes) to the stock pot and cover with a generous amount of water. Bring to a boil for 10-12 minutes until potatoes are just soft.
4) Drain the black beans. Add the black beans and frozen corn to the pot and bring up to just boiling.
5) Add the diced red pepper to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Shred the kale making sure to cut the toughest part of the stalk from the leaf and discard. Add the kale to the pot and cover for 5-8 minutes to just soften the kale.
7) Remove from heat and add the double cream. Using double cream helps ensure the cream won't split but single cream or whole milk could be substituted if on hand.
8) Serve in bowls with a crusty bread and butter.