Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas 6.
2) Heat oil in a flameproof casserole. Add chicken and cook for around 10 minutes until pieces are browned on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Drain sweetcorn and add with 4 tbsp of the liquid.
4) To make the sauce, heat 50g of the butter in a saucepan, sprinkle with the flour and cook until browned, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
5) Mix cream, egg yolks, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg in a bowl. Stir into the sauce and heat through but do not boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
6) Beat egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the sauce with a metal spoon and pour over chicken and corn mixture.
7) Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, dot with remaining butter and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes.