1. Combine the mayonnaise, spring onions, pickle, vinegar, wasabi and ginger and let flavours marry. Taste and adjust before serving.
2. Preheat oil to 370 degrees Fahrenheit. Use proper safety precautions for deep frying.
3. Whisk together the beer and flour. It should be a fairly thin batter.
4. Dip each piece of mushroom and lime in the batter, allow excess to run off, and fry until golden brown, turning occasionally.
5. Carefully remove from the fryer and allow to drain briefly on a paper towel. When removing the mushrooms, tilt in all directions to allow any excess oil to leave the crevasses.
6. You’ll have batter leftover and a fryer full of hot oil, so now is the time to raid the fridge and fry some other stuff that sounds good. You don’t do this very often, so why miss your chance.
7. Mix the salt with the black sesame seeds.
8. To serve, arrange on individual plates as pictured above, or all on one platter with the sauce in a bowl.
Recipe originates from Herbivoracious see link above