1) Put the rice, stock cube and mixed herbs into a pan with 1½ times as much water and rice and simmer gently for 8 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to steam with the lid on for a further 5 minutes.
2) While the rice is cooking fry the fish in the butter and oil fairly gently to avoid any sticking, when nearly done remove and set aside.
3) In the fish pan add the finely chopped onion, garlic paste and sliced mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or so.
4) While the onions and mushrooms are cooking lightly steam the carrot strips for a few minutes and set aside.
5) Once the onions and mushrooms are cooked add the wine and reduce right down, add the creme fraiche and also reduce.
6) Once the sauce has reduced add in the defrosted clams, fish, shrimps and carrot strips to warm through.
7) Finish the sauce with a sprinkling of parsley and serve with the herby rice on the side.