1) Place the fowl on the grill of a baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
2) Roast at 180C for 65 minutes or a little longer if you want it well done, set aside and cover to rest reserving the pan juices.
3) Whilst the fowl is roasting boil the potatoes for 10 minutes and drain into a colander, once the steam has gone shake them up to create a rough surface.
4) Quarter the parsnips and cut the carrots into small batons.
5) Once the fowl is out of the oven turn up to 235C and put a baking tray in with the beef dripping to heat up.
6) Once the fat is hot put the potatoes and parsnips into the tray and baste well, return to the oven for 40 minutes.
7) When the potatoes are nearly ready put the broccoli florets and carrot batons into a steamer and steam for 5 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
8) When the potatoes and parsnips are browned enough take them out of the oven.
9) To make the gravy add some flour to the meat juices and create a rue, add chicken stock until the desired consistency is reached, or use instant granules and water if you prefer.
10) Plate it all up and serve with gravy on the side and Yorkshire puddings if desired (I use ready made just heat through on the oven for 4 minutes).