1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
3) In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and the Anise extract until it’s blended together.
4) Combine the baking powder and the flour and add the egg mixture until you have a heavy dough.
5) Split it in two and make a roll the same length as your cookie sheet, press it down to ½ thickness.
6) Place in the preheated oven 25-30 minutes, it should turn a nice golden brown, take it out and let it rest on a wire rack.
7) When it’s cold enough to handle cut it into ½ in thick slices and put back on the baking sheet.
8) Cook for an additional 6-10 minutes until lightly toasted.
9) You can build on this recipe by adding almonds, chocolate, raisins, hazelnuts, honey, pistachios, lemon, white chocolate, dried cherries, parmigiana, peppermint, anything you can think of!