1. Chop tomatoes into different shapes, half's, quarters and chunks.
2. Place tomatoes into a colander, season with some salt and toss.
3. Season and toss again.
4. Leave tomatoes in the colander in the sink for 15 minutes. The salt will draw the excess liquid concentrating the flavour of the tomatoes.
5. Make the dressing by combining the oil, vinegar and garlic in a small jar and shaking well.
6. Place the baby spinach leaves on the plate, top with the tomatoes and sprinkle over the radicchio and basil leaves.
7. Drizzle with the dressing and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.