Ingredients Click to find out more about the ingredients
450g unsalted butter, softened
450g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
5 medium eggs
Zest of four lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
1½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
2) Grease a 30cm round cake tin. 3) Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until pale and light.
4) Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then fold in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
5) Fold in the polenta, baking powder and salt and mix well.
6) Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin. 7) Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. 8) Allow to cool fully on a cooling rack before serving.