Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Pre heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2) Put the bread into a blender and whizz into big crumbs, or just crumble with your fingers. Set aside.
3) Bring a sauce pan of water to the boil and cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions.
4) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan.
5) Add the garlic and mustard, cook for 1 min, then stir in the flour and cook for 1 min more,
6) Gradually whisk in the milk, simmer for 5 mins, whisking until it’s smooth and thickened. Season to taste.
7) Take off the heat and then stir in all the cheddar and half the Parmesan.
8) Strain the macaroni, add to the cheesy sauce and stir well.
9) Tip into a large ovenproof dish, or 4 individual dishes.
10) Scatter over the breadcrumbs (optional) and remaining Parmesan.
11) Bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden.