Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7
2) To make the Katsu sauce; heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the onion, curry powder and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes.
3) Add the apples, carrots, potatoes, tomato puree, honey, soy sauce and stock, cook on a low heat for about 10 - 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
4) Using a hand blender blitz the sauce until smooth. If it is too thin take a couple of tablespoons of sauce and mix with cornflour. Add back to the sauce and stir until thickened
5) Put the rice in a saucepan with 400ml of salted cold water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer for 10 mins or until cooked to your liking.
6) While the sauce and rice are cooking, prepare the pork. Put the pork slices into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until they are about 1cm thick.
7) Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan and put on a medium high heat.
8) Mix the breadcrumbs and turmeric together and put on a plate.
9) Dip the pork into the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs
10) Fry the pork until golden brown on both sides about 5 minutes each side.
11) To serve cut the pork into slices and serve on the rice with the sauce poured over and some pickled ginger on top.