1 litre/1¾pints chicken stock
12g/2 garlic cloves, minced
500g/1lb 2oz lamb chump steaks
250g lambs heart, diced
250g lamb liver
200g/2 onions, diced
25ml rapeseed oil
5g/few fresh sage leaves, chopped
5g/few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
1) Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
2) Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the diced meat and offal then set aside to cool.
3) Mince the meat, add it to a bowl and stir in the onion, herbs and garlic until well combined.
4) Shape the mixture into six balls.
5) Put the faggots in a roasting tray and pour in the stock.
6) Cover with tin foil and cook the faggots in the oven for one hour. Remove and keep warm.
7) Make a gravy by adding the cornflour into the pan with the cooking liquor, scraping up and any faggot residue. Stir until thickened.
8) Serve faggots with the gravy poured over