Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
2) Put the milk, flour and butter into a saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer whisking all the time, when it starts to thicken turn heat down to low and add half of the cheese.
3) Place the spinach in another saucepan with a few drops of water, put the lid on and allow to wilt.
4) Season the spinach to taste then add the garlic paste and stir through.
5) Spoon into a sieve and squeeze the excess water out.
6) Lay the hash browns in rows of four in a 25 x 35cm baking dish, or in individual dishes as pictured.
7) Spoon the spinach evenly over the top. Layer over the mushrooms and top with the cheese sauce.
8) Spread the remaining cheese evenly over the top and add a big grind of black pepper.
9) Sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until brown and bubbling on top.
10) Leave to settle for a few minutes before serving.