1 medium onion
1 large carrot, peeled
1 large stick of celery, trimmed
250g cherry tomatoes
4 basil leaves
2 sage leaves
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 basil leaves
170g cherry tomatoes, for salad
40g iceberg lettuce, shredded
800g whole seabass
1) Preheat the oven to 180 °C
2) Rinse the sea bass under running water and stuff with sage leaves, the bay leaf, the garlic clove and a pinch of salt..
3) Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
4) Wash and chop the carrot, celery and onion.
5) Put the chopped vegetables in to a frying pan with the oil and let it fry on low heat for a few minutes.
6) Add the parsley and the tomatoes and cook for at least 5 minutes more.
7) Add the basil coarsely broken with your hands, season with salt and pepper, then spread on a baking pan large enough to contain the sea bass,
8) Place the sea bass on the top and sprinkle with olive oil.
9) Bake for 45/50 minutes, (cooking time will vary depending on the weight and thickness of the sea bass) spraying when needed with a little 'white wine.
10) When cooked, remove the fish from the oven and place on a serving dish with the vegetables.
11) Serve with a salad of shredded iceberg lettuce and cherry tomatoes.