1) Heat oven to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.
2) Remove any giblets or big pads of fat from the goose.
3) Mix the lemon and lime zest with the salt, five spice, and pepper to taste.
4) Make some slashes through the skin on the breast and legs of the goose and rub with the mixture.
5) Put any excess inside the cavity along with the herbs.
6) Put the goose into a roasting tin and drizzle with the honey.
7) Cook for 10 mins then reduce to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5 and cook for 20 mins per kg for medium-rare, 32 mins per kg for more well-done
8) Baste the goose occasionally with the juices as it cooks.
9) Allow the goose to rest for at least half an hour covered with a tea towel or some tin foil.
10) Save the fat to cook your roast potatoes.