1) Put the flour, yeast and the salt into a large bowl and add enough water to bring it together to make a soft but not sticky dough.
2) Knead the dough well for 10 minutes on a lightly floured work surface.
3) Divide the mixture into 24 equal portions, each weighing about 30g
4) Place each piece on a floured surface and roll into a long sausage shape about 25cmx1cm.
5) Mix the salt and pepper together and sprinkle a little over each breadstick rolling gently to hold the salt and pepper.
6) Hold one end of each stick and twist gently, they will spring out slightly so practice to get it right.
7) Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking trays, spacing them 2cm.
8) Oil some clingfilm and loosely cover the bread sticks, making sure it is airtight.
9) Leave in warm place for 30 minutes, or until they have almost doubled in size.
10) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
11) Remove the clingfilm and brush each breadstick with the extra virgin olive oil.
12) Bake on the top third of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they are lightly golden-brown and feel firm to the touch.
13) Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays.