Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Mix the lime zest, mustard, capers and mayonnaise together until well combined.
2) Test for seasoning and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
3) Mix the salmon fillets, smoked salmon, dill, lime juice and zest of 1 lime to form a paste. Season to taste.
4) Wrap the salmon mixture around the eggs, making sure the covering is even and you can’t see any egg.
5) Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate. Spread the flours on a plate.
6) Heat the oil in a deep saucepan. It’s hot enough when a piece of bread rises straight to the top when dropped in.
7) Roll the Scotch egg carefully in the flour, then dip into the bowl of egg and roll in the breadcrumbs
8) Deep-fry for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
9) Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper.
10) Serve the Scotch eggs cut in half with caper mayonnaise and the red cabbage slaw on the side.