Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2) Line a 23cm fluted tart tin with the pastry, leaving plenty of overhang.
3) Line the pastry with greased proof paper and fill with baking beans, rice or lentils.
4) Bake for 15 mins, remove the paper and beans, then put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
5) Turn oven down to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
6) Meanwhile poach the haddock in a shallow pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until it flakes.
7) Remove the haddock from the pan and flake into the bottom of the pastry case.
8) Melt the butter in a frying pan over a low heat and cook the spring onions until soft. Then scatter over the fish.
9) Beat the eggs, cream, saffron and chives together and season to taste.
10) Pour the egg mixture over the fish.
11) Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
12) Bake in the oven for 45 - 50 mins, or until golden and just set.
13) Let to cool completely before trimming the pastry around the edges.
14) Serve hot or cold.