Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Preheat to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
2) To spatchcock the chicken, place it breast side down on your chopping board.
3) Using a pair of kitchen scissors or a really sharp sturdy knife, remove the backbone.
4) Cut off any excess fat and skin.
5) Turn the chicken over and press down to flatten the chicken. The breastbone will break.
6) Make a marinade by blitzing the rest of the ingredients and marinate the chicken for at least an hour.
7) Put the chicken on a rack oner a baking tray and cook in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes or until the juices run clear.
8) If you want to you can finish off under the grill to char the skin.
9) Alternatively you could cook the chicken on a barbecue, for really good results use a grilling basket.
10) Cook for 20 minutes skin side down then turn over for another 10 – 15 minutes or until juices run clear.