1) For this recipe you will need to get hold of some cleaned empty snail shells to add the canned snails to.
2) In a bowl, whisk together butter, parsley, wine, cognac, garlic, and shallots. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
3) Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to allow the flavours to mix.
4) Heat oven to 200C, Gas 6
5) Spoon about ½ tsp. of butter mixture into each snail shell, then push a snail into each shell and finally ﬁll the shells with remaining butter mixture.
6) Cover bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan with a layer of rock salt.
7) Arrange snail shells butter side up on bed of salt and bake until butter sizzles, 10–12 minutes.
8) Serve snails on a platter, with some bread to soak up the butter.