Simply follow our simply laid out recipe:
1) Preheat the oven at 160C/325F/Gas 3
2) Add the sausage meat, livers, juniper, egg, garlic, thyme, parsley, brandy, red wine, breadcrumbs and seasoning to a large bowl and combine well using your hands.
3) In a large heavy-based frying pan heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the hare, venison, pheasant and duck pieces for 2 minutes until nicely browned.
4) Line a loaf tin or ceramic terrine dish with the streaky bacon.
5) Add a layer of sausage meat mixture followed by a layer of game meat, repeat until you have used of all the meat ending with a sausage meat layer.
6) Fold the strips of bacon over the top of the terrine and cover well with kitchen foil.
7) Place the terrine dish in a roasting tin half-filled with hot water.
8) Cook in for approximately 1½-2 hours. Test with a skewer to see if it is cooked, if the skewer does not come out of the terrine piping hot then it is not ready.
9) While the terrine is cooling, put another loaf tin on top and weigh it down (with cans) to compress it.
10) When cool, leave overnight in the fridge with weights still on.
11) To serve, turn the terrine out and slice it thickly with a very sharp knife.