700g potatoes, peeled and chopped
225g green cabbage, finely sliced
12 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
75ml single cream
75g butter, cubed
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt and black pepper to taste
1) Put the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, put on a lid and simmer gently until they are completely tender. Approx 20 - 25 minutes.
2) Meanwhile melt 25g of the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the cabbage for about 3 minutes, keeping it on the move until it's tender and slightly golden at the edges.
3) Add the spring onions and continue to cook for another minute.
4) Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan, cover with a clean tea-cloth and leave them aside for 2 minutes to allow the cloth to absorb the excess steam.
5) Mash the potatoes well or put through a potato ricer if you have one.
6) Add the nutmeg, cream and remaining butter and mix well. Season to taste.
7) Finally fold through the cabbage and onions and serve.