Cod and cauliflower cheese bake
Milk, Lactose, Fish, Gluten
What are the health benefits of Cod and cauliflower cheese bake?
Look after your heart and cells with this quick midweek supper dish.
This is a great meal to make with left over cauliflower cheese and a freezer staple, frozen cod fillets.
4 x 150g cod fillets frozen
450g cauliflower, broken into very small florets
200g mature cheddar, grated
200g leeks, washed trimmed and sliced
350ml whole milk
2 tbsp white flour
40g salted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2) Melt the butter in a pan add the leeks and cook for 10 minutes until soft.
3) Add the flour and mix.
4) Add the milk to the flour, leek and butter stirring all the time and bring to a simmer.
5) Add the grated cheddar to the sauce and simmer until all the cheese has melted.
6) Mix in the cauliflower florets and season to taste.
7) Lay the fish in 4 individual dishes or 1 large dish and pour the cauliflower and leek cheese over the top.
8) Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes until golden and cooked through
9) Allow to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.